The Refrigerator Replacement Program is temporarily on hold due to funding. Any application submitted at this time will be put on the wait list until the next funding cycle.
CLEARCorps/Detroit can replace & recycle your old, inefficient refrigerator with a brand new Energy Star-rated refrigerator from Home Depot. In order to qualify, you must:
- Have a refrigerator built before the year 2000. To find this out, we ask you to include the model and serial numbers from the inside of your refrigerator. We will let you know if your refrigerator qualifies.
- Be an electricity customer with DTE and have good account standing (Not in shutoff or avoid shutoff)
- Qualify based on income (listed below)
To apply for the Refrigerator Program, please either download and print the application & supporting documents (listed below) and mail or drop off to:
11148 Harper Avenue
Detroit, MI 48213
|Maximum Annual Income||$38,450||$43,950||$49,450||$54,900||$59,300||$63,700||$68,100||$72,500|
If you are unable to print or email, please call CLEARCorps Detroit at (313) 924-4000. We will mail you an application.
When you send back your completed application, you must also include:
- A copy (front & back) of your most recent DTE bill
- Proof of income for your household. Accepted documentation includes:
- Three most recent and consecutive pay stubs
- Previous year tax returns
- Unemployment statement
- Disability income
- Social security/supplemental security award letter
- DHS cash assistance
- For anyone 18 years or older that does not have income, please download this form and attach it with your application.
Even if you do not include your model number and serial number, we encourage you to still submit your application. If you only have the model number, we may be able to qualify your refrigerator. If you do not have the model nor serial numbers, we can schedule a “watt test” to measure the efficiency of your current refrigerator to determine if it qualifies.
You must own the current fridge to be replaced, and Lowe’s must be able to recycle your current fridge. The DTE account holder should be the primary applicant.
We hope this opportunity will lead you to a new and efficient refrigerator!
How old is my fridge?
If you are curious as to whether or not your fridge is built before the year 2000, please visit Appliance 411. Only fridges built in this time frame qualify for this program.