CLEARCorps/Detroit can replace & recycle your old, inefficient refrigerator with a brand new Energy Star-rated refrigerator from Lowes. In order to qualify, you must:
Have a refrigerator built before the year 2013. To find this out, we ask you to include the model and serial numbers from the inside of your refrigerator. We will let you know if your refrigerator qualifies.
Be an electricity customer with DTE and have good account standing (Not in shutoff or avoid shutoff)
Qualify based on income (listed below)
To apply for the Refrigerator Program, please download and print the application & supporting documents (listed below) and mail to:
11148 Harper Avenue
Detroit, MI 48213
Email the application & supporting documents to: email@example.com
Fax the application & supporting documents to: (586) 261-6011
|Maximum Annual Income||$24,280||$32,920||$41,560||$50,200||$58,840||$67,480||$76,120||$84,760|
If there are more than 8 persons in the household, add $8,840 to income guideline.
If you are unable to print or email, please call CLEARCorps Detroit at (313) 924-4000. We will mail you an application.
When you send back your completed application, you must also include:
- A copy (front & back) of your most recent DTE bill
- Proof of income for your household. Accepted documentation includes:
- Three most recent and consecutive pay stubs
- Previous year tax returns
- Unemployment statement
- Disability income
- Social security/supplemental security award letter
- DHS cash assistance
- For anyone 18 years or older that does not have income, please download this form and attach it with your application.
Even if you do not include your model number and serial number, we encourage you to still submit your application. If you only have the model number, we may be able to qualify your refrigerator. If you do not have the model nor serial numbers, we can schedule a “watt test” to measure the efficiency of your current refrigerator to determine if it qualifies.
You must own the current fridge to be replaced, and Lowe’s must be able to recycle your current fridge. The DTE account holder should be the primary applicant.
We hope this opportunity will lead you to a new and efficient refrigerator!
Replacement Refrigerator Specifications
- Brand: Frigidaire
- Top-Mounted Freezer
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
- No icemaker
- Capacities available: 14 Cu. Ft., 16.5 Cu. Ft., 18 Cu. Ft.
- Color: White (black is available when in stock)
- Estimated yearly cost: $44
- Estimated yearly energy usage: 370 kWh